Get to know
WHAT ARE YOUR CORE DRIVES IN YOUR EVERYDAY WORK?
- Gathering knowledge from as much sources as possible and advice from experienced people before stepping into something new
- Making plans but always staying flexible
- Keeping a solution-oriented mind and constructive approaches whatever I do and whenever problems occur.
- Always having many resolutions ideas up my sleeves :)
WHAT KIND OF CHANGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BRING YOUR LOCAL& GLOBAL/REGIONAL LEVEL?
At my local level - my town, my university, I enjoy bottom-up youth activism - when young people gather by themselves and take over issues they face daily. As a result of that, at a global level, I’d support this youth activism - any engagement besides classes is an enriching experience for a student.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU THE MOST ABOUT BEING A PART OF YAGE AND DURING THE YAGE EVENTS?
- The special atmosphere of intercultural exchanges, open-mindedness and knowledge-seeking we have at our Greater Europe meetings
- The power you have when surrounded by such a great team of like-minded people
- The feeling of actually changing the world despite being young, with the help of prominent experts and honorable VIPs
- The possibility to meet young people from all over Greater Europe, discover their country and dreaming of a trip there
WHICH USEFUL SKILLS DID YOU DEVELOP WHILE BEING INVOLVED IN YAGE?
YAGE volunteering experience brought me almost all soft skills I could not get while studying human sciences at the university. Today, it enables me to follow my career path successfully. Here is an attempt to list them all : Leadership and teams management skills, Internal/external communication skills, project management skills, fundraising skills, negotiations skills
WHICH IDEA OF GREATER EUROPE DO YOU ENVISION IN THE FUTURE?
Europe is greater than you think - it’s a wide and diverse continent from Lisbon to Vladivostok, connecting people throughout history but not always in a peaceful manner. As we share the same philosophical and political heritage and follow same development path, time has come to end armed conflicts in Europe, build trust and cooperate for the sake of peace, economic exchanges and European influence in the world.
WHICH STRATEGIES COULD BE USED BY YOUNG PEOPLE TO INFLUENCE THE DECISION-MAKING IN INTERNATIONAL BODIES?
To my mind, it's always about accuracy and coherence - define and follow the values you promote, find like-minded people and speak up both online and offline! Influencing decision-making in international bodies must not be a goal but an achievement.
ARE YOU IN CONTACT WITH OTHER ALUMNI?
Sure, we became close friends and I don’t miss an opportunity to meet them in any Greater Europe city where I pop in! Besides, YAGE network grew since 2012 and gathers now many talented and professional young people you can consult to get a good piece of advice or a useful contact.